CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: This is getting a bit too easy

traderdrew Views: 1,230
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 828,695

Re: This is getting a bit too easy

"The reality is, Science KNOWS it needs variation to be random.....then traits are linked to the environment, not to ancestry."

That is interesting to think about. If I was an agnostic scientist, I think I would believe that the combination of environmental changes exerting pressures with the will to survive would promote evolution of a species. I guess what some scientists believe is a random mutation of one organism "might" help it to "fit", as a result of pressure, into its new environment. Despite this, I don't believe that random mutations are a precursor to evolution. I suspect this process of evolution would take a ridiculously long amount of time. This is not what we saw in the Cambrian explosion.

I agree with your post SS. What I don't quite understand is why scientists cling to random mutation as being a primary factor of evolution. This is Darwin's thinking isn't it? I guess they can't explain exactly how environmental pressures cause evolution without random mutations. I guess I would have to explore the possibility of energy fields playing a part of changes inside the organism and the environment. I might even consider the existence of a creator creating a unified order if my heart was open to the idea.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.829 sec, (1)