CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Terminator, ken presner, or the 10 dollar one?

analogkid Views: 3,531
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 816,979

Re: Terminator, ken presner, or the 10 dollar one?

I'm a bit confused by your response. First you say the vendor was adamant about *no* adapter, then you got a device (from the same vendor?) *with* an adapter.

As for taking vendors at their word, that's just dumb. Buyer beware applies more to electromedicine than to cars, and you know about ***those*** people...

But don't take my word for it (!!). You've got an Internet hookup; use it. PZ and others around here generally agree about things, so there is a base level of knowlege to draw upon. Plus, everything you always wanted to know about AC adapters is just waiting for your attention.

As for those AC adapters... ALL electronic devices have risk. From microwatt hearing aids to hair driers in the bathtub, ALL electronic devices have risk. So the issue never is "Is it safe?"; The only issue is "How safe is it?"

Thorough, conservative, circuit design is relatively rare in the world of Zappers. My biggest problem with most zapper circuits is that they are too cheap. For a whopping 25 cents, any zapper circuit can be improved to a) reduce the change in output characteristics as the battery ages; b) add transient protection so PZ will quit picking on me about AC adapters. There are some things about the UZ design I really like, but the more I like the design, the more I don't like the website.

BTW, reread my previous message. "...without any soldering..."

ak

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.829 sec, (1)