CureZone   Log On   Join
guilty!!

marilynm Views: 2,158
Published: 17 y

guilty!!

I appeared at the DAs ofice this morning, and was given the opportunity to either take him to trial for third degree assualt and second degree harassment, or to allow him to plea to the lesser charge of second degree harassment. Either way, I get a two-year order of protection. Well, three if I had gone to court, but then I'd have to face him, and all I really wanted is to be left alone and have on record what happened in case he decided to hunt me down and crack me in the head with a bat for leaving him. now he knows that i won't stand for his sh!t, and will no doubt make himself scarce. had i gone to court, i stood to lose as there were no witnesses and i did not call the police right away (i filed the report 6 days later). if he was able to show the jury reasonable doubt and was 'proven' not guilty, it would be erased from the files forever as if it never happened. he was smart to take the plea, and i took the DAs advice by offering it.

Thanks to all of you for all of your support and encouragement; had I not read some of the things i read, i might have buckled under and just dropped the whole thing. you showed me that i had the strength by showing me yours. bless you all....

cathy. marilyn was the name *he* gave me.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.093 sec, (1)