CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Alternative therapy 'exploits' patients

Views: 3,703
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 779,522

Re: Alternative therapy 'exploits' patients

While I certainly believe in alternative medicine, there are plenty of crooks and quacks out their under the umbrella of alternative medicine who only care about parting you from a dollar. One only has to look at Kevin Trudeau and the host of other people with sleazy infomercials and books that make every claim under the sun. That is something that a lot of people here on curezone are unwilling to admit. Just because something is "alternative" doesn't mean it will work or cure. While I have no love lost for "Big Pharma", there are plenty of doctors out there who truly believe that some of these alternative treatments are bunk. And I am not talking about cleanses for general health. A lot of doctors who care about the health of their patients and who devote their lives to trying to make a difference are skeptical of patients foregoing standard treatments for life threatening diseases for some alternative treatment that has not been studied. I am not saying they are right, but it isn't necessarily a big conspiracy. I am a big fan of alternative medicine, but I don't think that Western medicine and research can be completely discredited. The largest health crisis we face today are the poor choices that averge ordinary people make in their everday lives - eating poor diets, smoking, drinking, not getting enough sleep etc. And neither standard or alternative medicine can take the blame for that.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)