CureZone   Log On   Join
Calcium Hydroxide-DANGER???

tigerlilly Views: 10,501
Published: 16 years ago

Calcium Hydroxide-DANGER???

I just took the drink for the first time-as directed-and i feel stomach pain. i looked up calcium hydroxide online and found this! can someone please tell me why it says all these things, and should i be worried about my stomach????

Potential Health Effects
----------------------------------

Inhalation:
Causes irritation to the respiratory tract. Symptoms may include coughing, shortness of breath. Can cause chemical bronchitis.
Ingestion:
Gastric irritant. Ingestion may be followed by severe pain, vomiting, diarrhea, and collapse. If death does not occur in 24 hours, esophageal perforation may occur, as evidenced by fall in blood pressure and severe pain. A narrowing of the esophagus may occur weeks, months, or years after ingestion, making swallowing difficult.
Skin Contact:
Corrosive. May cause severe burns and blistering, depending on duration of contact.
Eye Contact:
Corrosive. May produce severe irritation and pain. May induce ulcerations of the corneal epithelium. Can cause blindness.
Chronic Exposure:
Prolonged or repeated skin contact may produce severe irritation or dermatitis.
Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions:
Persons with pre-existing skin problems or impaired respiratory function may be more susceptible to the effects of this substance.

4. First Aid Measures

Inhalation:
Remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Call a physician immediately.
Ingestion:
DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING. Give large quantities of water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Call a physician immediately.
Skin Contact:
In case of contact, wipe off excess material from skin then immediately flush skin with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Call a physician immediately.
Eye Contact:
Immediately flush eyes with gentle but large stream of water for at least 15 minutes, lifting lower and upper eyelids occasionally. Call a physician immediately.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.313 sec, (1)