CureZone   Log On   Join
Treated my infection w/ OTC med, now what do I do?

Skeptic_But_GungHo Views: 1,039
Published: 16 years ago

Treated my infection w/ OTC med, now what do I do?

I have a vaginal yeast infection that I had to treat over-the-counter. I posted asking for natural alternatives and didn't get any concrete advice, so I had to use a product from the drugstore. I tried a 7-day product but after 2 days decided to get the 1-dose stuff. I saw a homeopathic remedy at the drugstore and the main ingredient was candida albicans! Why would you want to ingest more of that stuff?

My infection came along with my period and at a time when I was stressed and not getting regular sleep. Apparently my pH balance was off.

This has been so uncomfortable to deal with, especially the external itching from the product itself. How can I prevent yeast infections in the future, other than taking probiotics and avoiding sugar? Is there anything I should be doing right now to "mop up" excess candida???

I am taking an enteric-coated probiotic capsule that needs to stay refrigerated. I also am eating yogurt and I don't mind drinking kefir, even the unflavored kind. I have found that a glass of plain kefir with whole unblanched organic almonds plus a drizzle of natural honey is very tasty. Thanks for any advice regarding what to do now.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.578 sec, (1)