CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Anyone know anything about jesus being in india with monks

Views: 3,849
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 762,033

Re: Anyone know anything about jesus being in india with monks

Does anyone know current day religious Jews? I am a Jewish believer in Jesus. My brother is a practicing Chasidic Jew. If you know of anyone today you may understand that the Jewish people are community oriented. The Jews of Jesus' time would have lived and mixed with other Jews primarily. It's as it was commanded by God in the bible. They do business with non-jews (some today may have non-jewish friends), but they live and stay among their own people. They marry only other Jews. Their real friends would have generally only been other Jews.

They did not travel except when they were in danger, taken into slavery, etc. They were required by God to go up to the temple several times each year. They were required to eat kosher. They were required to observe the Sabbath. The observant Jews were a people that stayed physically together whenever possible, and stayed within their own communities.

Jesus said Himself in the bible that He came for the Jews when He was here on earth. (It wasn't until the book of acts - post resurrection that the word was to be spread to the gentiles). With nothing in the bible to say he went to India, and jesus Himself saying He was here specifically for the Jews, and considering the fact that Jesus was an observant Jew and what that meant, I just simply do not buy that there's a chance He went to India.

I used to be a new age teacher. I heard people say back then that Jesus had learned from the spiritually enlightened teachers in India. Personally, I believe this thing about India is not based in truth, but it's an attempt to support eastern religion and the new age while pulling Christ down a notch.

I did read the link to that article. Maybe I missed it, but this Issa never mentions the father God. Jesus was constantly turning people to the Father. He didn't come to just teach morals. He came to turn us to God. In that article He talks against idols, but doesn't even mention the one true God. This is not at all like Jesus.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)