CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: my problem with raw vegan diet

End Constipation Now
Let oxygen remove old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and...

Google Advertisement
nglassman Views: 14,994
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 751,618

Re: my problem with raw vegan diet

Well, yes, I eat fresh as much as possible. I like to eat lettuce with tomato and a little vegan curry sauce on pita bread. This seems to digest well for me. Things I digest well:

-Wheat (fresh local breads, not packaged such as cereals etc). I know some people have difficulty with wheat but I have a middle eastern ancestry and my people have been eating wheat for a VERY long time.
-Steamed vegetables (some such as brussel sprouts can be more difficult)
-Amaranth grain (very good for increasing stomach fire, keeps one regular, contains decent amount of protein)

Things that are very difficult for me:

-all beans, nuts, and seeds
-other grains than amaranth and wheat. Even oatmeal or brown rice is hard on me.
-of course dairy is out of the question
-oils of any kind even fresh flax or olive oil are very difficult on me even in small quantity. Same with coconut oil.

So there isn't a whole lot that I can eat. I am very slowly improving my digestion. So I don't expect to be like this forever. But it is very slow and difficult and I wonder if I have done permanent damage of some kind. One thing is that my body produces almost no stomach acid. I think that this is in response to eating so much raw food which probably requires a lot less acid. Well, the body doesn't like being jerked around I guess. I have talked to a lot of raw foodists and many of them have the same issue with lack of acidity in the stomach. This manifests as a lack of that hungry feeling you get before a meal.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)