CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Champion Juicer and root vegetables

kentaro Views: 6,119
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 750,614

Re: Champion Juicer and root vegetables

Hi.

I have a Champion (Household 2000+) and have been making mostly my favorite apple/carrot juice with it. I always get moist pulp and usually there's some stuck in the juicer including right behind the screen. I thought this was unacceptable as pulp-ejecting juicers should be able to be used all day without washing. I tried to solve this by running the pulp through it again and again. But eventually I ended up setting up a juice press myself and started to use Champion as a grinder. (You can read my postings regarding this below under "Juice Press or Greenstar.")

Anyway when I tried celery, its fiber got all around the blades and never came out. I've never run sweet potatoes through it but done beets and I thought it was okay except for beet greens.

When you get warm juice and pulp, I believe this means your motor is heating up because you're feeding veggies too fast. So you may want to slow down and at the same time set your fridge's temperature low to keep vegetables cold (so that you can keep enzymes alive when you juice it.)

Kentaro

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.594 sec, (1)