CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Greetings Mike!

hopinso Views: 1,719
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 747,286

Re: Greetings Mike!

I am happy to hear you did not have to have the angioplasty. Sometimes they must be done over and over because the artery does not remain open. This happened to a dear lady at my old church, and it was hard to watch her suffer and worry. Perhaps God is giving you a wake up call to get serious about your health. I hope that is what He has done for me. My walking ability has taken a turn for the worse again; but my eating discipline has also gone downhill the last couple of weeks. I am trying to get healthy the remaining months of this year because I need to have more tests and an MRI early next year. I tend to be such an emotional eater and know I am caught in a rut of pain, weakness, depression, bad eating; yet I cannot seem to escape for very long. Hopefully both of us can be blessed with the discipline to do those things we know we should do, and avoid that which ultimately makes us worse; plus the wisdom to know the difference.

Hmmm....maybe we need a prayer similar to the Serenity Prayer used in the twelve step programs; something like:

God grant me the abilility to do that which makes my body a healthy dwelling place for your spirit...
The discipline to avoid those things which might bring harm to this temple..
And the wisdom and patience to know and do what is best for my my body. Amen

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.766 sec, (1)