CureZone   Log On   Join
Chest pain & heart pounding starting day 3 of fast. Help?

centaurea Views: 26,015
Published: 16 years ago

Chest pain & heart pounding starting day 3 of fast. Help?

I have been fasting for four days now and yesterday I began to notice that anytime I did anything that might be considered exertion for a slug my heart began pounding. Not irregular, not REAL fast, but just like I was doing really heavy exercise, but in this case was merely walking moderate pace or slowly trudging up a not-so-steep hill. Then my chest began to hurt that evening, like aching, right in the center, and periodically has hurt today too with some pounding. Due to this I am pre-emptively breaking my fast right now, but would like ideas so I can know what to do in the future - I'd planned lots of fasts! This was my first longer than 1 day.

What could this be? The only thing I've heard about that involves both heart and fasting is electrolyte imbalance, and I've been taking a multi-min in water, though primarily to quiet my mental justifications for eating that revolve around nutrition, also 4 days isn't nearly long enough to risk an imbalance, right? Otherwise only water and tiny tastes of meals I cook (milligrams, not tablespoons) to know if it tastes right for my family. And I'm 26 and eat healthy otherwise, too young for heart problems!
Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

Bluet

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

3.547 sec, (1)