CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Yes--and then treated like a beloved guest

Views: 2,409
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 732,846

Re: Yes--and then treated like a beloved guest

you may say anything Sofia-- and I'm sorry, it seems I might have offended you at some point recently, unintentionally, I assure you. We all have different experiences...I have a child, now 23, and that is how he was treated. From the moment I saw him I felt like: oh, how wonderful to see you again, and be able to care for you. I know that's a real blessing, believe me! And I never had to teach him about the value of every being--he already knew that. The remarkable thing (or is it?)is that he never had to be "disciplined", only clearly treated with respect, kindness, and as if indeed he had once (or a thousand times) been older than me at some point. If you believe we all change places...I was not a perfect parent, but he was close to being never any trouble. Just a joy.

It is children who are ignored, or get in the way of their parents' desires and distractions, *that I note* are the ones acting out, feeling small, treating others badly, and just generally being unhappy. The world doesn't 'like' children, in some funny way it seems, and wants to get them to fit its constraints as soon as possible, so they oblige us by fulfilling that--at least some do, causing people to say things like "don't let them control you. Train them right away..."

I am not saying you are a person who ignores her child, and I don't intend to make anyone feel badly if they have an 'unruly' child. I know the world is full of suffering. But this was my experience-- and my son has turned out to be someone very lovely and strong. Giving and wise. He knows we all have our eyes closed, to some degree--and all wish to awaken.

best to you, and your son

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

1.578 sec, (1)