CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Any luck treating Bipolar Naturally!

lanalee Views: 8,461
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 721,875

Re: Any luck treating Bipolar Naturally!

Hi, I was diagnosed with Bi-polar last Feb. 2005. There is still a debate if it is bi-polar, anxiety or depression. I sought a new doctor who gave me a med called cymbalta, real similar to effexor. She had me break the capsules in 1/2 the dose was so low, about 15 from a 30 capsule. I stayed on it for about six-weeks. This med was great except it killed the love life and had a few side effects. The reason I am writing this is, I decided to go off. I researched this med and found out it worked on serontonin and pain that worked for my joint aches like a charm. But I did not want to be stuck on meds, a definate sign of thinking your well. It has been 8-weeks and I feel great. I am thinking about trying 5-htp or maybe ( same) the next time I become depressed. I believe part of this bi-polar thing is the serontonin imbalance if we have too little we suffer and if we have too much it's not good. My brother is bi-polar but his is a little different, Mine was alot of anxiety, Depression and of course the a touch of spending too much money. I wish you luck. Have you tried the ( same) or the 5-htp. A health store will carry these things. Also how long have you been bi-polar for? I ask this because About 4-years ago my thyroid was acting up and I was diagnosed with everything from hashimotos to adrenal fatigue, I too took armour and it worked great except the T-3 was very powerful in this med and I went hyper. Have you had your levels checked? Because my Depression started when the thyroid and adrenals went wacky. I went off all thyroid meds. It has been a year and a half and doing much better. The bi-polar could be a result of the thyroid being out. Armour is powerful one day you may not have enough and the next it may be too much. Good luck lana

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.750 sec, (1)