CureZone   Log On   Join
Advice Needed

southern belle Views: 1,282
Published: 17 years ago

Advice Needed

My 7 year old grandaughter was diagnosed with strep throat last month. Of course the Dr. prescribed antibiotics and a couple other bottles of medicine.

She was better after a couple of days. The fever went away and she was back to her "never being still for a moment" self.

Her fever returned last weekend, as well as a rash on her stomach, and it was back to the doctor. It seems the strep never left her body and this time the doctor didn't want to put her on antibiotics, (SHOCK!) but gave in last night when her fever wasn't going away.

I have been awake since 3:00 a.m. worried to death about her and I am now turning to curezone readers and professionals to give me advice on what to do without sounding like a meddling grandma.

A little background: She was diagnosed with pneumonia 4 years ago and had to have a tube inserted to drain the fluid. She has a weak lung as a result of the illness and doesn't have a very healthy immune system. Since she began first grade this year, after having been with her Mom all of her life, she has been exposed to everything little kids are exposed to and has been sick quite a bit. It seems like so many children in her class are sick. It is explained away by...."It's going around." My question is.....Exactly WHAT is going around???

Her diet consists pretty much of what SHE wants to eat and there is not a set time for an evening meal. She could live on chicken and pizza and that's pretty much her diet. I have asked her Mom about adding fruit to her diet, but she told me fruit was expensive and she couldn't afford it. She is saying this with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. (Are you reading this, daughter???) The family received a juicer (from me) for Christmas a year or two ago, but it's been put away in the cabinet. I ordered herbs for her, but they only are taken for a few days.

My grandaughter doesn't have a set bedtime, either. Oh, for a week or so, the parents will try and make her go to bed early, but it's never on a consistent basis. I will say in my daughter's defense that one doctor has my grandaughter taking some type of nebulizer (I have no idea how to spell that) and it makes her hyper? That is according to my daughter.

I try not to push curezone on my family and friends as much as I did in the beginning. As the old saying goes...."You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

I am placing this post on several forums and will appreciate any suggestions and comments.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Paulette Gunn

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.328 sec, (2)