CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: flushing sinuses

RonK Views: 1,695
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 712,170

Re: flushing sinuses

There are not many areas that I can help on - but flushing sinuses is one.

I have had terrible sinuses for most of my life with frequent infections and bad head colds.

Go to the drug store and purchase a nasal aspirator. It is just a little rubber bulb (like on the end of a turkey bastor) with a plastic nozzle that fits your nostril.

Get a small paper cup and fill it with water that is a little warmer than luke warm. Get some Sea Salt (maybe a 1/4 inch high on the palm of your hand) and dissolve it into the water. Note that either to little salt or to much salt will cause a burning sensation when flushing.

At your bathroom sink, fill the aspirator. With one hand close one nostril while slowly and gently squeezing the salt water solution into the other nostril. As you are doing this you may slightly inhale while squeezing which will have the effect of more easily taking the salt water into your sinus passages.

When full - exhale through your nose, forcing whatever out.

When I first started doing this it was pretty disusting what came out. It also gives immediate relief from head colds.

All and all I think my sinuses are normal thanks to nasal irrigation.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.625 sec, (1)