CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The Downside Of Fasting

J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROWíSģLugolís Iodine Solut...

End Constipation Now
Let oxygen remove old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and...

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

More
More
hopinso Views: 1,854
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 696,462

Re: The Downside Of Fasting

French, I am afraid you may be a victim of the downside of fasting-the lowered metabolism. When anyone one fasts for more than 48-72 hours they exhaust their supply of glycogen, the fuel the body uses in order to function. When this happens the body starts to break down adipose tissue to create ketones for an alternative fuel. This sounds great since fat is being digested; but the body thinks it may be in for a time of famine and it lowers its metabolic rate. It is very common for the metabolism to drop by 25% after three days of fasting. When eating is resumed fewer calories are required to keep the body going. The excess calories are stored as fat. Then another fast, another lowering of the metabolic rate, more eating, more and faster weight gain. When this cycle is in place, fasting will actually make you fatter in the long run. Sadly (I know this from personal experience) a lot of the weight that is so rapidly packed on is belly fat. I lost over 35 pounds using The Master Cleanse fast, but when I dropped my healthy eating habits and gained some of that weight back it came back more on my belly than on my hips and thighs. It seems like that fat is so much harder to lose.
At this point you may find that you will lose more weight faster if you go on a raw fruit and veggie diet for the next three weeks. Its a hard diet to follow because it means no bread or any other grain, eggs, dairy, meat or alcohol. Just fruits and veggies, most of them raw. You can have some cooked greens for strength and energy. Try doing this and then fast one or two days a week for no more than 36 hours at a time. Do deep breathing exercises, brisk walks and stretches to try and revive your metabolism. You should lose about five pounds a week if your metabolic rate is not too low. If you are brave try taking 1-3 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil every morning, it is supposed to help raise the metabolic rate. Drink lots of water, stay away from caffeine. Most of all avoid all artificial sweeteners, they just trigger your sweet cravings and may contribute to weight gain. Keep it pure, natural and simple. Don't totally give up on fasting, but use it in a way that will help you, not harm you.
Remember, when it is not done correctly, fasting can make you fatter.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.500 sec, (2)