CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: starting saturday

4myhealth Views: 1,017
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 691,405

Re: starting saturday

Hi Aliczek

I don't recall if you had mentioned whether or not you were water or juice fasting but I wanted to say a few words about your last two questions. Today is day 25 of a 30 day juice fast and I've lost about 22 lbs (I'm doing this primarily for health reasons but the weight loss is totally awesome!!!). For the first ten days, I could NOT be around anyone eating anything. I could not be in the same room with my husband if he was eating. I also stayed home and did not participate in any social events that involved food. It was just too hard.

By day 13, we went to my in-laws and I sat in a chair next to the table while they ate. It was VERY difficult. The entire time I thought about how I could justify quitting and I just wanted to eat. But I didn't. After the meal was over I was SO SO thankful. Ironically since then, I've taken up baking and cooking as a new hobby. I've made 5 batches of cookies, 2 batches of brownies and have tried new recipes like crazy. I've made an entire breakfast (eggs, pancakes, sausage, biscuits and gravy) for my husband every morning and tonight I made shrimp fettuccini alfredo for dinner--no temptation. Its totally and completely crazy.

Anyway, my advice is to not be around food if you don't have to. Try your hardest to postpone dinner plans with friends until your fast is over. If you have to be around Sunday dinners, make sure everyone knows you are fasting and do not want to eat. Then you have more than just yourself to be accountable to. I know for a fact that it gets easier as the days go by. Good Luck and stay strong!

Keep us posted on your journey.

4myhealth

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

1.125 sec, (1)