CureZone   Log On   Join
New here but an "experienced" faster...

silenceofoctober Views: 570
Published: 18 years ago

New here but an "experienced" faster...

Evening (or be it morning) All!

Ive been reading here for a couple weeks, I got the link to this site from the locarbfriends website. They have an excellent fasting thread going on there.

I was excited to find this forum as it is SO hard to find support and encouragement anywhere and from anyone, as I am sure most of you have found. So many here have given me hope and inspiration.

I've been fasting off and on since I was 17. Longest fast was 9 days. Ive done quite a few 7 day fasts, too many to count. And dont ask about the more than likely 3 digit mark of my 1,2,3 or 4 day fasts. I have in the past lost quite a bit of weight in the past with shorter fasts...like eating every 3rd or 2nd day. But I didnt plan it that way. I was usually going for a week or whatever and caved. Every time!!! You here all know how hard it can be. So many factors go into being a sucess at it.

The reason I felt compelled to write is that for some time now I really REALLY immensely want to do a 30 day fast or at least a 20. I have gained alot of weight in the past year or so and I want to get alot of it off fast, for many reasons. To get my life and eating back in control...get some discipline and feel like I am really on my way. I have about 100 lbs to lose total. I have not and will not weigh myself. (long story there for another time, ive had numerous eating disorders since I was young, anorexia, bulimia, overeating etc). If there is one sure weigh to get myself to cave in and break a fast it is to weigh myself. If I lose I get confident and convince myself its ok to eat today because Im losing so well...and if I gain or lose nothing then I get frustrated and discouraged and use that as a reason to cave....a whats the use reason, you know?

Sorry this is so long! Just wanted to introduce myself and as of tomorrow I am starting my 20-30 day fast. This is mainly for weight loss and lots of it. I am going to be drinking tons of water...some coffee and juice. I sure do need lots of support and encouragement! Im hoping this site will really work in times I feel I am wavering...you know the first 4 days or so its not easy AT ALL!!!

Thanks all and Im sure to see you around on the boards soon : )

“A proper balance must be struck between indulgence and severity. However, severity, despite occasional mistakes, is preferable to a lack of discipline.”

-I Ching (1150 B.C)

http://nocturnalxwitch.livejournal.com/

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

1.922 sec, (2)