CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Anorexic help me out

cheshirecatt1319 Views: 2,060
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 684,546

Re: Anorexic help me out

I would like to remind everyone that responded to to the original message on this thread that - as you all realize - anorexia is an eating disorder. You can not talk someone out of it. And you can't berade someone with your opinions and think they will listen. You can not tell someone who practically fears food to eat. It's be like telling an arachnophobe to buy her son a tarantula for his birthday. There's no way that person will consider following your advice. You came off very forceful and judgemental. Try to be helpful, not condemning. She came for answers and you shut her down cold. A little tact could have been a good idea - no matter how you may feel about it. It's not you. Consider this is in the future. An ED is a mental condition. A erson does not choose to be anorexic. They are compelled to be. Do some research on the psychology of EDs before handing out your advice. I am sure you were well-meaning, but I do not think the girl who wrote the first message in this thread will ever come back. Is that what you wanted?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.282 sec, (1)