CureZone   Log On   Join
Fasting and Metabolism: Please give insight!!!

Eliminate Parasites Fast and Easy
One of the most powerful aids in helping the body el...

Google Advertisement
4myhealth Views: 3,215
Published: 16 years ago

Fasting and Metabolism: Please give insight!!!

Hi Fellow Juice Fasters!

So I know the ultimate purpose for juice fasting is health-related, cleansing, and detox. However, no one can deny the fabulous weight loss by product. I completed a 32 day juice fast in January and lost 26 lbs. I have never felt better—both physically and mentally. I tried to break the fast carefully, ate raw for about two weeks and by the end of March, managed to gain all but 8-10 lbs back. Let me tell you, this is not good mentally. I really want to fast again but am worried for a few reasons. First, I know that fasting slows our metabolism—obviously it has to so that one can subsist on such a small intake. That is fine. What about after the fast? Will I create permanent damage to my body (metabolism) by fasting again? I want to fast for 30 days, break the fast on raw fruits and veggies (no fats until at least day 5) and slowly build up my metabolism so that I do not gain the weight back and continue to reap the benefits of healthy eating (my hope is to transition into weight watchers style eating: fresh raw food, whole grains, lean meats, etc.). I am wondering if anyone knows or has had experience with this.

Will another fast do permanent damage to my metabolism?

Does anyone have a detailed or specific plan that they have followed after a fast to maintain weight loss and speed up metabolism, while remaining healthy (SOMER, I’m thinking specifically of you and your monumental journey)???

If anyone has any advice, ideas, or experiences, please please respond as I am desperately searching for answers.

Thank you always for being so supportive!!! This message board is such a wonderful resource!

4myhealth

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.531 sec, (1)