CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: accutane...last hope

pierrehans1 Views: 7,319
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 676,922

Re: accutane...last hope

please read this before trying accutane please click on or copy and paste the link below it will tell you all about accutane and all of the awful side effects and what you can do about it. I have ulcerative colitis and i would trade it for acne in a second if i could. http://www.jimsokolove.com/case_types/dangerous_drugs/accutane/index.php?i=ji... Accutane Dangers Accutane (isotetnoin), a prescription medication for severe acne, has been linked to severe depression, birth defects and serious intestinal problems. Accutane is a drug that is commonly prescribed for severe acne and other skin problems. It is normally reserved for patients whose acne has not responded to other forms of treatment, such as antibiotics. Accutane, also known as isotretinoin, is a form of vitamin A. Accutane helps those who have acne by decreasing the amount of oil produced by the sebaceous glands and increasing the skin renewal rate. Considered the biggest breakthrough in acne drug treatment over the last 20 years, Accutane is the only drug that has the potential to clear severe acne permanently after one course of treatment. One course, which is typically five months, results in prolonged remission of acne in up to 85 percent of patients. A member of a class of drugs known as retinoids, Accutane is highly effective. However, it doesn't work for everyone, and some patients need more than one course of Accutane treatment. Accutane Side Effects Accutane has been shown to have several serious side effects. Among these is the drug's apparent connection to depression and suicidal behavior in some patients who are taking or have recently taken Accutane. Patients are warned at the onset of their treatment that "Accutane may cause depression, psychosis and, rarely, suicidal ideation, suicide attempts, and suicide. Discontinuation of Accutane may be insufficient." While it is unclear exactly why Accutane causes some patients to develop mental problems, the fact that it can have severe side effects is unavoidable. Accutane and IBD The FDA has required Accutane's maker Hoffmann-La Roche to change its warning label to include inflammatory bowel disease. Accutane has been linked to Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis, both inflammatory bowel disorders, in patients with no prior history of intestinal disorders.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (2)