CureZone   Log On   Join
Advice on cross-cultural relationships.

Views: 1,251
Published: 18 years ago

Advice on cross-cultural relationships.

Hey all,

I have a potential situation brewing and I would appreciate some thoughts and insites on it before I get in too deep or mess everything up from the get go.

I am a divorced male in my 40's and work for a large software company in the Midwest (USA for those of you across the pond).

The company has taken to hiring a lot of Asian, Indian and Middle Eastern people. For the most part they are very qualified people, often times with Masters degrees of above, who look at this job as a way to work there way through school. As in in any "melting pot", its a little ackward at first until you start to get to know each other and work together as a team for a while. I think you get the picture.

As we are all aware - ANYTIME you put single men and women together, sparks are bound to occur. After all its only natural - right?

Well - getting to the point - since my divorce I have pretty much thrown myself into work and have not made much effort into meeting someone new because I just haven't felt ready - or willing - to make that kind of emotional investment yet. As fate would have it - this sweet, lovely lady from India was assigned to my team a while back. It has become apparent that her interest in me is becoming something more than being polite to a co-worker. Her body language and tone of voice, and the concern in voice when she hasn't seen me for a couple of days, all lead me to believe that she may be interested in getting to know me in a more personal way.

How do I approach this? I don't want to offend or scare her if I happen to be misinterpreting her signals. Should I just play it cool? I doubt if she would ever make the first move to intiated some type of social thing away from work.

And even if we did connect - talk about from being from opposite sides of the tracks. I am middle class blue collar through and through and what I can gather from some of her friends is that in her country she was from an upper class family. I'm so confused...

Any and all comments will be welcomed.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

3.078 sec, (1)