CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: UK zappers

freelastchance Views: 1,090
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 650,944

Re: UK zappers

Hi BATTLERDAVY!

I think you are a little bit mistaken about the Zapperplans Zapper circuitry. While it is small and looks just like you describe it, the circuitry is in fact just as you said, as effective as any Clark style Zapper, but it is made to be more power efficient. You'll notice The ZP Zapper uses cmos inverters to create a standard cmos oscillator, replacing the inefficient analog circuitry of the standard Zapper, for the more efficient cmos. -It basically creates a wave that goes up and down at around 23,000 times per second(Hz)- The analog circuitry does the same, though it wastes a lot of extra power, so really I think the ZP Zapper is much more battery efficient.

There certainly are a lot of Zappers out there, and I really bet more of the companies will start using the cmos pretty soon! Maybe we'll start seeing some fancier versions. :) (The Cmos Terminator!)

Some good battery tips are, get the alkaline kind. They last way longer! And you could also get a 9V plug-in thingy for when you are stationary, (watching tv or somthing), and use your battery only when you need it to be portable.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

3.531 sec, (1)