CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Truth is Jesus lived.

John Cullison Views: 2,698
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 639,718

Re: Truth is Jesus lived.

For one thing people back then didn't write very much because of their education level. They passed on information by word of mouth.

Now you're justifying. What you're saying is that it doesn't matter that there weren't any records, and yet you were the one who brought up the topic of how much Christ was mentioned in history. So... which is it? It's not like there weren't records made during that time.

They also had greater memories for this type of stuff. Look at the 3 music masters. Bach, Beethoven, and Brahms. They could go to a symphony, listen to it once and go home and play it. People could remember information just about word for word back then.

?!? You expect me to accept this argument? Was everybody at the time in question a musical master? Were Bach, Beethoven, and Brahms contemporaries of Christ? If it took us only 400 years or so to lose this magical eidetic memory that everyone had, as you claim, then how on earth could we expect to know what humans were like 2,000 years ago? Does this memory loss occur in cycles, or are we just doomed to get gradually more stupid? And what actual evidence do you have for this?

Also just because something wasn't written down, and proven by science, doesn't mean it's not true. Look at all the natural remedies promoted at curezone. And in the case with natural cures, science doesn't even want to look at it. Like I've always said, it's science that's flawed. So you can use science to prove or disprove God, or prove or disprove alternative methods. I will rely on personal experience over science any day.

And what do you think I'm using? I want direct experience that proves that Jesus lived. All Christians offer is the Bible and faith. Well... those scientists that won't look at "alternatives" are simply defending their beliefs just as furiously and illogically as anyone else defending a set of beliefs in the face of seriously contradictory evidence. Fault those scientists all you like, but as you judge, so too shall you be judged. It's your rule; try applying it to yourself for an eye-opening experience.

To quote one of the greatest scientific minds, Einstein.

You do realize that Einstein was Jewish, right?

"The only source of knowledge is experience"

What experience do you have in the existence of Christ? Not what experience do you have of the Bible telling you he existed, but what genuine, direct experience?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."

I don't know what you're trying to imply with this -- my opinion wasn't taught to me in school.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

This is a fantastically brilliant statement. I still do not understand what this has to do with the existence or not of Jesus.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

No argument here, but this doesn't answer any questions.

"When the solution is simple, God is answering."

And religions in general, and Christianity in particular, are among the most complicated of institutions on the planet.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

1.828 sec, (2)