CureZone   Log On   Join
SIDS: Sudden infant death syndrome

LCD Views: 19,048
Published: 20 y

SIDS: Sudden infant death syndrome

What would happen if we stopped vaccinating?

Would lives be lost, saved or no change?

In 1975, when Japan stopped vaccinating children under the age of 2 years dramatic improvements in their infant mortality occurred.

Japan’s place in the world scale of infant mortality went from 17, a poor position, to number 1, the best performance. It is quite clear that the shift of the lower vaccination limit to 2 years resulted in a dramatic decrease in SIDS going quickly from a very high to the lowest rate of infant deaths in the world. Between 1970 and 1974, 37 infant deaths occurred after DPT vaccination in Japan and because of this the doctors in one prefecture boycotted the vaccination. Consequently, the Japanese Government stopped DPT vaccination for 2 months in 1975, and, when vaccination was resumed, the vaccination age was lifted to 2 years.

With this change in government policy the entity of sudden death almost disappeared from vaccine injury compensation claims (only 2 deaths were subject of vaccine injury compensation claims in the 2-year olds compared with 37 in younger children). In the late ‘80s, Japanese parents were given the choice to start vaccinating at earlier ages again and most, ignorant of what had gone on before, chose starting at 3 months of age. The rate of SIDS in Japan has since returned to high levels.

Professor Hiroshi Nishida of Tokyo Women’s Medical College said that the SIDS rate among babies aged less than 1 year has sharply increased to 0.33 % in 1992 when compared with 0.07 % in 1980. Dr. Raymond Obomsawin also reported that the “Delay of DPT immunization until 2 years of age in Japan has resulted in a dramatic decline in adverse side effects. In the period of 1970-1974, when DPT vaccination was begun at 3 to 5 months of age, the Japanese national compensation system paid out claims for 57 permanent severe damage vaccine cases, and 37 deaths. During the ensuing six year period 1975-1980, when DPT injections were delayed to 24 months of age, severe reactions from the vaccine were reduced to a total of eight with three deaths. This represents an 85 to 90 percent reduction in severe cases of damage and death.”

SIDS has become a catch-all that conveniently offers the medical profession a loop-hole whereby they can place the blame on the parent.

Sudden infant death syndrome has been reported following administration of vaccines containing Diphtheria, tetanus toxoids, and pertussis vaccine yet in the United States most vaccine-induced deaths are listed as SIDS and thus are not included in vaccine adverse reaction data, even if a child dies only a few hours after receiving inoculation. Some researchers have found that babies die at a rate eight times greater than normal within three days after getting a DPT shot. It is important to note that a highly disproportionate amount of SIDS deaths clustered at 2, 4, and 6 months, which are the very times infants are vaccinated. The three primary doses of DPT are given at two months, four months, and six months. About 85 percent of SIDS cases occur at one through six months, with the peak incidence at age two to four months.

If vaccines had nothing to do with these sudden deaths of “no known cause” there should not be such pronounced clusters. Instead the numbers should be randomly spread throughout the first 6 months of life but they are not. It has been reported that 1 in 175 children who completed the full DPT series suffered “severe reactions,” and some report that as many as 1 in 300 DPT immunizations resulted in seizures. It seems like one of the central mechanisms in which health and even life itself is threatened is the effect the DTP and other vaccines have on breathing. Episodes of apnea (cessation of breathing) and hypopnea (abnormally shallow breathing) were measured before and after DPT vaccinations by some researchers and it has been found that vaccinations have caused an unusual increase in episodes where breathing either nearly ceased or stopped completely. Much more research is needed in this area but there is so much doubt about the safety of vaccines already one need not wait to decide not to vaccinate ones child.

The pediatrician whom I so respected and adored broke down and cried when I gave her the news that my daughter had died. She went back and forth defending the vaccine that she was told was safe, but blamed it for killing my child. She then told me that she also had another patient, an infant boy, die after this same vaccination. Christine Colebeck

In England, after the media in 1975 reported brain damage linked to vaccination, parents stopped vaccinating: the compliance fell down to 30% or even 10% in some areas. A. McFarlane reported in 1982 (Lancet) that the overall infant mortality rate plummeted. There is evidence around the world that low vaccination compliance is linked to low death rate and vice versa.

The vaccination compliance was lowest in 1975-76 when parents were frightened but started climbing up in 1977-78, simply because people have short memories and new parents did not know about the publicity surrounding vaccination as the cause of serious side effects. It is generally known that young couples become interested in these issues only after they have their first children.

For the first 13 days of his life, Nicholas was no different than any other baby. He ate well. When he slept, he slept well. He acted just like my first son acted when he came home from the hospital.”

Nicholas was given a hepatitis B shot at his regular check up at the pediatrician’s office on the 13th day of his life. That night when I got home from work, I noticed that Nicholas was crying a lot more than usual. In fact, he was screaming some of the time. He was acting differently, but because we had just taken him to the doctor for a checkup and they told us he was a big healthy boy, we thought everything was OK. When he was just acting fussy, like babies sometimes do, we didn’t know anything about vaccines or that they can cause problems for some babies. Nicholas cried on and off for most of the night. When I got up and went to work the next day, he was still crying on and off. He continued during most of the day and into the evening. The next morning, his mother found him dead in his crib. From the way he looked, he had been dead for several hours.”

Eventually a clinical professor of pathology reviewed Nicholas’ medical records, autopsy and slides, and then stated in writing that Nicholas did not die of SIDS but died a cardiac death, caused by passive congestive changes with pulmonary edema and hemorrhage caused by the active immunization

with hepatitis B vaccine. The pathologist stated, “I do not believe this was a sudden infant death syndrome death. Sudden infant death syndrome is the most abused diagnosis in pediatric pathology. In this particular case, the infant was two weeks old. Sudden infant death at two weeks old is so rare as to be virtually unheard of.”

The increase in autoimmune and neurological disorders in the past three decades in industrialized countries coincides with the addition of new vaccines to the childhood vaccination schedule as well as rapidly increasing vaccination rates.

http://www.trans4mind.com/Cry_of_the_Heart.pdf

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (4)