CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: dealing with your partners moods

ithinktoomuchthereforeiamalone Views: 939
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 594,181

Re: dealing with your partners moods

It is tough... he is dealing with some emotions and ideas that help define who he is. For some men it is very hard not to have a job and be providing at least a minimal amount to the family coffers.
the best you can do is continue to be supportive. Don't bring it up, unless he does, and stay positive. You didn't mention if he is having money problems or anything of that nature... so its hard to see the total picture. Try to keep him looking forward. The future is a happy place created by us and our dreams... For yourself... find solace in something that you love. Do things that bring you enjoyment and allow you to deal with your stress too. Being a partner is as hard as being the person. There is so much that you want to do, but just can't. They have to do it for themselves. That is of course not to say that you should be a faithful companion and bring him his slippers and hang out at the door waiting for him to get home either. IF he becomes abusive in his anger and frustration, call him on it. Someone once told me a great line for difusing bad situations. I have used it several times, and it seems to work. "how do I/we fix that?" It sounds simple but its a great line that neither admits guilt nor projects it. It also puts the other person in a position that requires them to think, and shows a willingness to resolve the issue at hand, without making bad statements. The first couple years of marraige are difficult, but you can do it. Good luck...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

1.406 sec, (1)