CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Here are Some Homeopathic Remedies I Have Tried

InCharge Views: 11,388
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 57,967

Re: Here are Some Homeopathic Remedies I Have Tried

Found your post interesting. You mention the SDC diet and yet there are contradictions to what you say and the legal and illegal food list according to the diet.

"1) Primal Defense - I only experienced moderate relief with this product, but have head annecdotal evidence that this works very well in some cases. Primal Defense (PD) is manufactured by a company called "Garden of Life" and it contains soil based organisms (SBOs) that are said to fight the "bad" type of bacteria that is believed to be in the guts of CD patients. "

From the illegal listing:

"Primal Defense is not SCD™ compliant. The following is an ingredient list from their website, with it's SCD™ status listed beside:

Spirulina (algae - not SCD™ compliant)
Chlorella (algae - not SCD™ compliant)
Dunaliella (algae - not SCD™ compliant)
Kamut grass, Wheat Grass, Barley brass, Oat Grass, Alfalfa Grass*
Sweet potato (not SCD™ compliant)
Flax seed (not SCD™ compliant in any form)
Sesame seed (not SCD™ compliant)**
Sunflower seed (not SCD™ compliant)**
Pumkin seed (not SCD™ compliant)**
Ginger and ionic plant based minerals

Here are the bacteria in it:
Acidophilus, Bulgaricus, Plantarum, Brevis, Caucasicus, Fermenti, Helveticus, Leichmannii, Lactus, Caseii, Bifidum, Boulardii, Subtilis, and Lichenformis.***

* Grasses in this instance are not compliant, because we have no idea how well they were sprouted or if the seed coating was included in the product.

** Seeds are allowed on SCD™ but seed flours are not, and we have no idea what the amount or form of the sesame seeds in this product is.

*** Bifidum, Boulardii, and Caseii are not allowed on SCD™. Neither are soil-based organisms, as their effects have not been well researched or documented.
--------
"4) DMSO & Melatonin - In a small number of cases, DMSO and Melatonin are very effective in putting Crohn's disease into remission. I noticed a small improvement when I used it, but did not continue using these products."

Listed as "illegal", although no comments regarding why.
---------
"8) EM-X - Another Soil based Organism (SBO) that is supposed to be even stronger than Primal Defense. I have never used it myself, but have heard it works well. (http://www.emtrading.com/)"

Same as Primal Defense
----------
"12) Aloe, Slippery Elm, Peppermint - These are herbs that have powerful antiinflamatory effects. I did not find them to help much while I was having a flare up but noticed that they did help prolong my remission."

Aloe if the same as Aloe Vera:

Illegal- "It contains mucilaginous polysaccharides as well as increasing the release of tumor necrosis factor which is associated with IBD inflammation and increased immune stimulation."
--------
Slippery Elm

Illegal- "It is a mucilaginous herb. Mucilaginous herbs are loaded with starch. This starch is food for the pathogens that the SCD™ is designed to starve out."

--------
I bring all this up because it is thoroughly confusing. I have been fighting Candida and just recently gotten an inflamation of the colon. I had a Flex sigmoidoscopy a couple of days ago during a physical, but haven't heard from them any diagnosis.

This is within the last month, and with the exception of Slippery Elm, I had used all the above in trying to treat the candida. I was just about to get on the SDC diet and eliminate all the illegal foods when I came across your message, and the fact that it is recommended by the moderator.

As they say, "The proof is in the pudding", and I can't quarrel with your results, but it is confusing to say the least.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)