CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I'VE BEEN VERY VERY COLD...brrr...

Lisa Views: 1,900
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 570,404

Re: I'VE BEEN VERY VERY COLD...brrr...

Ocean-- Just some thoughts on hypothyroidism from a patient of 10+ years. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism during adolescence and have taken Synthroid daily since. Recently though I've been coming across all of this information that has caused me to quit taking it. Anyhow, I'm advising you to work very hard before going to a "regular" doctor or endocrinologist that will most likely end up with you on a pill (that can cause a wide range of health problems) everyday for the rest of your life. Here are some other suggestions that I have found: Remove table salt from your diet. It is supplemented with Iodine and due to the large amounts of salt we Americans consume, it can really reak havoc on your thyroid. I have replaced it with Sea Salt . It may be a good idea to add a natural form of Iodine to your daily diet. I use dulse seaweed (you can find it at a health food store) 2 tsp. a day. You can eat it plain or put it in a salad. Coconut oil/butter (I saw someone mentioned it before) also stimulates thyroid. Try to use it daily. Other things that help stimulate thyroid: sunlight, exercise, yoga position in which you begin on your back and lift your legs/body up into the air with hands on the back of your hips--almost like a modified headstand. Your chin should be tucked into your chest. Something else to consider: fluoride can cause some thyroid damage, so try to drink unfluoridated water if at all possible (the thyroid is most definitely not the only thing negatively affected by fluoride). Anyway, I hope some of this helps. It seems to be working great for me although I've only been doing it for a month or so. Don't hesitate to ask questions...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.596 sec, (1)