There are lots of realistic plans for curing candida you just have to find the one that is suited to you. There are so many different diets and different curing protocols because no one is the same and everyone needs something different to cure themselves. The length of time is dependent on how strict you adhere, how good your immune system is, your PH balance, medical history, allergies etc.
I personally have cured candida but I am still following protocol as I still have allergies. I no longer react to Sugar or anything though and my rashes are gone. I am still going on a 90 day candida/allergy diet though just to make sure I am fully cured and I got this 90 day diet from a book called 'it could be allergy and it can be cured'. There are many of these books out and many different ways to follow candida. What I would recommend as the quickest way after all the research I have done is for 90 days as a minimum follow the steps below:-
1. Dont eat anything that you are allergic too.
2. Take 2 or more antifungals in rotation. Garlic, capryllic acid, Colloidal Silver , olive leaf, grapseed extract or nystatin.
3. Take a double dose of probiotics every day for 3 months
4. Ensure you are cleansing your bowels reguarly and have at least 1-2 bowel motions per day - otherwise you give candida the perfect environment. (see Shelleycat and her posts for great info on this).
5. Test your PH to make sure your body is not too acidic.
6. Rest rest rest. Antifungals dont kill candida. They simply make it weaker for your white blood cells to kill them. Rest will build your immune system and make the white blood cells stronger.
7. Dont eat refined sugar, yeast, mold, and try to limit alcohol to vodka or gin with diet softdrink.
It all becomes quite simple after you get used to it and the health benefits are worth it in the end. I battled with candida for years half heartedly and it only took 4 months of the above protocol (with alcohol occasionally) to get where I am now. I even had organge juice this morning which normally would bloat me up like a balloon (due to Sugar and mold) - but I was fine. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Lastly - candida becomes resistant to antifungals so it is better to just start the 90 days when you are prepared to do it strictly. Get rid of them the first time and then be rid of them forever.