CureZone   Log On   Join
Where I'm at...

Views: 4,141
Published: 18 y

Where I'm at...

i am 43.I was diagnosed in early January after having a viral pneumonia. I had noticed my breathing wasnt right for quite some time but thought i was just smoking a bit too much and that maybe my back was out or something. After lots of tests and a scan the evidence was discovered. Early signs of emphysema.It was plain enough to see on the scan. I immediatley stopped smoking but of course noticed my breathing wasnt really improving and it wasnt til then that i realised how serious the situation was. I was scared, and that made things worse as I would get panicky sometimes.I have been, until recently, taking mild over -the- counter painkillers with low levels of codeine just to help take away the discomfort, and was always needing sleep.
I have picked out helpful advice from this site and am taking the Korean Ginseng, along with vitamin C,omega 3 and Bio Q 100. As well as this, I have begun working on the 'breath connection'exercises ( only over the past 10 days!)..but already I have noticed a difference.I never allow myself to take big breaths and overbreathe, and i always now breathe through my nose , especially during exercise.I am biking 3 times minimum per week for 1/2 - 1 hour.Perhaps it is coincidence,and I dont know whether its one thing or a combination of all the things i am doing, but my breathing has settled down and I am determined to live a long and healthy life. i hope anybody reading this will be helped in some way. All I can do is continue on the path I am going and hope that I can keep my breathing stable, because if I am able to do so, I iwll be the happiest woman alive!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)