CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Do you use Superfood? Nutritional Yeast—Super Food or Neurotoxin?

thessa Views: 10,234
Published: 22 y

This is a reply to # 42,153

Re: Do you use Superfood? Nutritional Yeast—Super Food or Neurotoxin?

We make our own Superfood at home starting with Schulze's ingredients as a base and substituting for things we can't find here (Italy) easily. I have made several versions, my latest one being:
nutritional yeast (about 5 parts and the others 1 part),
beet powder,
wild spinach powder,
orange peel powder,
maitake mushroom powder,
rose hip powder,
a powdered mix of miso, burdock root, carrot, ginger and sesame oil,
wheat grass juice powder.

I try to eat at least a tbls of this a day. I also eat about 2 tbls of yeast a day. Just a few days ago I had to stop taking this mix when it suddenly dawned on me that when I take immune boosting herbs (echinacea and maitake mushrooms to be exact) my immune system goes into ultra-sensitive mode and I sneeze at every pollin grain within 5 miles.

Other than this batch of Superfood (I had never before added the maitake mushroom, and it is always a major part yeast) I have not noticed a mal-effect on my candida symptoms. I truly love the taste of the yeast! I know there is a big debate over whether people with candida overgrowth should take this yeast. For example there is a homeopath near us that tells everyone not to touch ANY type of yeast, nutritional or otherwise.

To be sure though I will definitely use a more scientific approach to find out whether the yeast is affecting me. I will report back if I discover anything.
best to all
thessa

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (1)