CureZone   Log On   Join
Pain killers

Elaina Views: 2,258
Published: 19 years ago

Pain killers

Hello Tom, southern belle and all you wonderful people who come to
this terrific forum. I was cruising around and thinking about herbal
pain killers. I still have to try the cayenne,lobelia tinctures, but
I was wondering if anyone knew about infusions or properly made infusions of dried herb teas? I used to use about 1-2 tsp. of yarrow tea that I had steeping for about 20 minutes, and I had found that it killed alot of pain (the lovely monthly thing that goes with womanhood, toothaches, sore muscles..etc..)When I had been using yarrow, it felt almost like my muscles go limp, kind of a nice sensation :)). But lately I have been finding yarrow doesn't do anything, at all. I'm not sure if it's me or if the herb just isnt strong enough.I had noticed some batches of yarrow tasted stronger than others. But then I had found the same thing with my package of meadow sweet. Meadow sweet didnt give the relaxed feeling yarrow did, but it did kill headaches and unpleasant pain, then about 2 months later I used the same herbs from the same package for another headache and it did not do anything. I tried making an infusion of white willow bark (I know I know I should have made a decoction, but I only had stainless steel and aluminum pots at the time, and it has scarred me to make decoctions from these pots because of what I have read about them) I soaked 2 teaspoons of willow bark in a cup of hot water for 20 minutes as well, and it didnt do anything for the pain, I had to go get some codeine tablets to get rid of the migraine that day.But now I'm wondering what I have done wrong, probably mostly to myself by not going on a fast and having a good 'clean out', but it does make me more conscious about the kind of herbs I'm using??? Any suggestions my lovely 'room mates' :)). thanks heaps, elaina

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.609 sec, (1)