Alistair's simple, concise Statement of Beliefs serves as an excellent framework of essential truths of Biblical Christianity:
We accept the scriptures as our only authority in matters of faith and practice and our interpretation of Bible doctrine leads us inexorably to believe:
1. The scriptures of the Old & New Testament as being verbally inspired by God and inerrant and infallible in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority.
2. In one God eternally existing in one essence, yet co-equal persons, the Trinity: Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus Christ was begotten by God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary.
4. In the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. He is the life of the believer and He empowers the preaching and teaching of the Gospel.
5. That mankind was created in the image of God, sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that human beings are born with a sinful nature.
6. That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
7. In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us.
8. In the blessed hope, which is the personal, visible and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
9. That all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
10. In the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting conscious suffering of the lost in hell and the fellowship of the saved in heaven.
11. In the existence of a personal devil, who is still working in the world to destroy the souls of men and that he and all his angels and all who do not receive Christ as their personal Savior will eternally perish in the lake of fire.
12. In the Church, whose mission it is to preach the Scriptures to all the world, all of its endeavors being guided by multiple leadership and supported by the wise stewardship of God’s people.
13. That the ordinances of the Church, given by the Lord, are Baptism and the Lord’s Table (Communion).
Also, Rolaant McKenzie has compiled another EXCELLENT Gospel and apologetics website:
Christians may respectfully disagree over secondary issues such as Calvinism vs. Arminianism, age and mode of baptism, the gifts of the Holy Spirit, end time interpretations, etc., but I do believe we must remain united on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our PRIMARY mission is to preach Jesus Christ and Him Crucified.
Two other documents that I believe are helpful to counter false teachings include:
The Gospel of Jesus Christ: An Evangelical Celebration
Friends, please study and know the great doctrines of the Bible. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing who quote Scripture, while at the same time weaving in false teachings using human philosophy and human reason. Beware of theological hobby-horse topics that lead AWAY from the Gospel. Respectfully discuss secondary issues if you want to, but remain united on the essentials of our salvation -- the Gospel of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
May the WHOLE counsel of the ENTIRE Word of God, along with the power of the Holy Spirit be your Guide.