CureZone   Log On   Join
My apology to those regulars here... hindsight is 20/20.

bringasmilesara Views: 1,323
Published: 17 years ago

My apology to those regulars here... hindsight is 20/20.

Please may I explain myself as fully as I know how.

When I saw the Biblical Christianity Support/Discussion Forum, I assumed that this was a place to discuss with Christians different ideas and veiws that we have. I WAS WRONG IN THAT ASSUMPTION! But as I have gone back through the previous posts, I realize that the main function of this forum is to encourage one another towards love and good deeds, and to give a little reprieve or rest from the everyday trials and tribulations we as christians face. Gentle encouragement, not admonition.
And conversely when I saw Christianity Debate forum, I wrongly assumed that it was a debate not between christians, but between everyone, debating whether or not christianity was valid, etc etc.

That's why I posted here. Not to suppose an air of authority, not to come in and rattle the cage. I thought that this is where it belonged. For that I am sorry.
I will from now on keep my admonishments and questions, differences in beliefs WITHIN Christianity, I'll keep those to the Debate Forum.

But with all of that being said, does anyone think that the reaction I got here initially was dripping with the fruits of the Spirit either? We can not decide when and to whom we use those fruits. We are supposed to extend those to EVERYONE, even in debate, and discussion. A rememberance that the person you are speaking with deserves respect, and not to be cast off as a heretic and thrown to the wind. But to sit and reason with each other.

Paul and Barnabas even had their differences, remember? Neither one of those guys spewed at each other that they were not saved, or that they were believers of other religions, not saved and they were going to hell. They had a tiff, realized it could not be agreed upon, and WENT THEIR SEPERATE WAYS.
If the guys in the Bible had to do that, I will be willing to as well, if that needs to happen.

So at that, I will, unless anyone else addresses me here at this forum, be posting at the Debate forum. I have some other thoughts about how important communicating to everyone so that everyone can understand without having to ask for an explanation of terms is necessary, on the Christian Debate forum.
Peace be with you all.

Oh and ps, I have written directly to R2R in her blog, so check that out for an even further explanation of my intentions. No it is not mean.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.461 sec, (2)