CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Can you explain this to me please?

califlady Views: 1,999
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 404,555

Re: Can you explain this to me please?

Lets look at these verses....

You will see that many will come to the Lord saying that they had many works. Jesus told them to get away for He never knew them. So..we can see that works will not get us into the presence of the Lord. There are so many cults that go on good works...door to door works, food for needy works and so on.

Works are not first, ever.

First is the rock. First is salvation. A free gift. We are saved by the blood of Jesus. He died for us, stood in for us, paid our penality. First and most important we must be born again. (Read God's Word, start with the gospel of John), A new creature in Christ. Remember though, where there is birth there WILL be growth. No one being born again by the blood of Jesus will remain the same year after year. There will be growth. There will be an interest in His Word. There will be an interest in His people. And there will be an interest in obeying His Word. Jesus says in John Ch. 15...those that love me will obey me. How do we obey? The only way to obey is to be powered by the Holy Spirit. The only way to obey is to know what is expected. How do we know what is expected? By reading His Word.

There are many who are filled with lies. They say they are Christians but they have no life that says Jesus has made a difference. Words are nothing when our lives are of the world. Those words are empty and misleading.

Onr last thing...please don't get the idea that once we are born again we are perfect right away. I wish! But, it is a process. The Holy Spirit will direct us daily to work out things we need to change. And along the way we make mistakes and repent and go to offended peoples with appologies. This is life. One day at a time walking with the Lord. In faith knowing God's Word is what we need and that Jesus is the Truth, the Way and the Life.

Go...Read His Word!
Sharon

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

7.328 sec, (1)