CureZone   Log On   Join
Oh oh.....

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROWíSģLugolís Iodine Solut...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Alikat Views: 832
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 404,113

Oh oh.....

No, I don't think I missed your point, I just don't agree with it. I'm the one that's sorry, you haven't posted here very much, and perhaps you're not aware of my twisted sense of humor. Others are used to it by now and they put up with me in kindness.

However I still maintain there is no direct connection between our spirituality (and we are speaking as Christians here) and what we eat. Certainly we are to pursue wisdom in all things and act responsibly, but how we tend to things of our flesh and spirituality are precisely the two things that Jesus Christ came to settle once and for all. This is probably one of the greatest areas in which we stump, because man has such an intrinsic difficulty understanding the true meaning of grace and works.

So let's see...you bring up certain points that I will try to address....food and spiritual life. While we were under the law, God passed out a load of rules and regulations to keep us from doing harm to ourselves and others. However, insofar as it was so hard to keep those laws, God in His mercy sent Jesus Christ to fulfill the law. In many of those laws were dietary restrictions, of which consequently we were cleared. *Acts 10:15* This scripture refers to food, but also to the gentiles which were previously considered as unclean, and were brought into the graft by Jesus. As a side note, I will tell you that I personally consider that the dietary laws were given for mankind's benefit in God's wisdom, and it still makes perfect sense to follow many of them, even if we are not condemmed for not doing so. While it's no longer a transgression of the law to eat unhealthy, it is not advisable. *1 Cor. 10:23*

You mention Paul advising us regarding the temple of the Holy Spirit. These scriptures are used very often, even by new agers, and usually way out of context. In *1 Cor 3:16*, the passage refers to the building of God's spiritual temple, of which the only foundation is Jesus Christ. Each person in the body of Christ brings with him his own particular gifts and abilities, and we are all interdependent. But God's temple can only be built with God's holiness and righteousness reflected in each believer. Idolatry is seen as one of the things that can not form a part of the building of God's house, and so any person resorting to these practices is not in the body of Christ, and his unrepented presence defiles said house. *2 Cor 6:11-16*

There is no argument whatsoever that what we eat can affect our health, how we think, act, live and procreate. However, no matter how much Science rightfully supports this, it's still not a requirement for spiritual communion with God. To try to achieve a healthy spirituality by healthy living is a works oriented faith. One thing, regardless of how meritorious, has nothing to do with the other.

As I said before, spiritual and health fasting are two distinct things. While I do not make a blanket statement that they can never be done together, it is a Biblical truth that we can not serve two masters, and we can not serve the flesh and God well at the same time. One thing has to take precedence of the other. On the other hand, as all things begin and form after the spirit world, if you read *Isaiah 58:1-12* you will see that after an honest search for God there are some rather nifty benefits. But again, the primary focus here is in doing things God's way, and then we can reap His benefits, but the benefits are not the first order of priority.

Yes, Jesus taught us that certain demons would not come out except by fasting and prayer, but still this is not a commandment to fast to clean our bodies of impurities in order to be spiritually effective. All you need for that is to be obedient, in prayer, and using the name above every other name that can be named: Yashua HaMaschiah-Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, come in the flesh.

Please hear me out, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with fasting for health, otherwise what would I be doing on Curezone for as long as I've been around?? But as Christians it is imperative to rightly discern and divide the Word of God.

"In all your ways acknowlege Him, and He will straighten your paths"
Have a blessed and peaceful day.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.391 sec, (2)