CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Help PLEASE hubby refuses to give 10% TITHES Offerings

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

Better Than Colonics. Period.
Oxygen Detoxification for both small and large intestine...

J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROWíSģLugolís Iodine Solut...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
MentalNomad Views: 1,554
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 403,597

Re: Help PLEASE hubby refuses to give 10% TITHES Offerings

The Lord brought me to tithing a couple of weeks before he brought my husband Josiah too it. I mentioned it to him but it was to large for him to comprehend, so I started bringing it before the Lord in prayer. I knew it was the Lord's will for us and asked for the Lord to prepare Josiah's heart and show him His will so he would know for himself. After I had read Kenneth Copeland's book The Laws of Prosperity I asked my husband if he would like to read it. I know the Lord prepared him, because if you knew my husband getting him to read anything other than the Bible is like headline news!! :) He took it with him to work and just started delving into it while they were driving to and from jobs. It is not a very thick book and he had it read in a couple or so days. He came home and said "hon, we've got to tithe!". Sometimes our trying to get our husbands to do something doesn't work, but prayer always works!! :) But we do have to take our hands off of the situation and give to the Lord, not try to "help" it along in our ways. I learned this lesson well a couple of months ago with a particular situation. I would never recommend you start something without your husband's approval, he is the high priest of your household. And hard as it may be, God will smile on you for this by obeying the authority of your husband. For about a year before we even knew anything of tithing we sent in offerings and it was astounding how many blessings the Lord sent our way and the protection. In our submitting to the Lord in what the Lord asks of us it opens the doors for us as well--but we do it because we love the Lord and we want to obey him. Even though it is hard on the flesh, it witnesses with our spirit.

I will tell you that you will probably receive opposition from the devil too, because anytime you are walking in God's will the devil will try to get you to think it doesn't work or it is a bad idea. The first week we tithed our account was overdrawn exactly the amount of our tithes. The devil has since attacked our motorcycle and the shop told Josiah it would cost more to fix than what he paid for it. But the Lord has shown favor and another shop is going to do the same thing for a 1/3 of the price!! In the natural I cannot imagine still how we are going to pay even that much but I have left in the Lord's hands knowing He will take care of us. You see the motorcycle is my husband's main way of traveling to work, and it saves us a bundle on gas! I am not sure how to explain it, but knowing that we are doing the best we know how to do and trying to be good stewards over the money the Lord has given us gives me such peace to know that no matter what the devil tries to bring against us financially the Lord is going to turn it for our good because we are following His laws! Not only good stewards by tithing and offering, but trying to manage well the other 90% that the Lord has given into our hands for us to be stewards of.

If you like to read books prayerfully ask the Lord to show you a good book that uses biblical principles so you can be confident when you step out to tithe. If you are not planted in your decision the devil will try to tell you you are just wasting your time, the Lord is not going to take care of you and your money isn't doing any good in helping anyone. Well, actually he'll probably tell you that anyway, but if you are confident in your decision and in what the Lord has told you you cannot be swayed. We actually tithe to Jesse Duplantis Ministries because this is where we have been fed a great deal and they are working to fulfill the great commission of 'go ye unto all the world'. Our church has no missionaries so I want to give where it will best benefit God's kingdom in bringing new souls to Christ. We still give to our church yearly for church expenses ect, but we tithe to JDM.

When our husband's who are usually sweet (mine is usually the same way too!!) reacts strongly against what we feel the Lord has told us to do it is usually the devil attacking them to keep them from doing God's will and to break up the unity of the marriage, if even just for a time. When two are agreeing together it is very powerful chain before the Lord and the devil will do all that he can to break it. Prayer is your largest weapon against these attacks, and pleading the blood of Jesus Christ over your marriage and your husband.

A book I really love and you may enjoy is The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. It has 30 days of good reading and at the end of each chapter a prayer to pray for your husband. I loaned my copy out for about a year and I just started reading it again last week. The Lord has showed me a lot of things in that years time and I am just amazed at how powerful these prayers are and how much more I get out of what Stormie is saying now! I think I may never loan it out again, but just read the prayers every 30 days of each month if nothing else. :) Sorry if this is so long, just passing on some "wifely" experience that I was hoping might be helpful in your particular situation. Blessings upon you and your new marriage, Caitlin Lorraine

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.797 sec, (3)