CureZone   Log On   Join
Stigma of losing a tooth

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
carriuk Views: 1,509
Published: 15 years ago

Stigma of losing a tooth

Hi. Just joined the forum. Had to have a front tooth removed a week ago after I "bit off" a crown so close to the gum line that it was impossible to save the remaining tooth. I am now having to wear a temporary denture for 6 months til my gum is healed enough to do a permanent bridge. I feel quite down. It's not that it's uncomfortable or that it doesn't look natural, it's just the whole stigma of having a false tooth that really affects my self-confidence. I just wonder if anyone else has been through a similar experience and could give me some tips. I know it's only 6 months I have to wait, but it feels like an eternity. I sometimes wish it was possible to make a denture a bit more groovy, like stick a tooth gem on it so it could be a fashion statement instead of having such a 'sad' image! Ha ha!

Carri x

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

2.313 sec, (1)