CureZone   Log On   Join
Lemon and Teeth Sensitivity

Free TEEF Powder Internationally!
Teeth Powder to Remineralize, Strengthen, and Clean ...

Google Advertisement
PTtogether Views: 16,995
Published: 16 years ago

Lemon and Teeth Sensitivity

Hi,

I noticed that if I drink several times a day the lemon/molasses I tend to feel a bit sensitivity in the teeth.

Is that in itself a sign of demineralisation, or not necessarily?

If I rinse the mouth with baking soda immediately after the lemon/molasses drink, the sensitivity is not felt.

=======

Dr. Yong writes, "As a dentist I have seen the effects of regular acid intake whether it be carbonated water or a natural acid like lemon juice - yes very cleansing to the system, but a disaster in the mouth. It leads to very costly mouth rehabilitation which can cost thousands of pounds. The first thing patients will usually notice is yellowing of the teeth and sensitivity as the enamel is lost. I am very much into holistic medicine and am training as a homeopath so understand when people wish to look for alternatives to self cure, however be aware that regular intake of vinegars and other acids will have deleterious oral effects!"

Marie, from Cascadia Canada writes, "I drank ACV and also diluted lemon juice every morning for the cleansing and neutralizing effects on the body. However my teeth did suffer from acid erosion, until I found the natural alkaline remedy recommended to me by a dental hygenist in New Zealand - baking soda. A pinch of plain sodium bicarbonate placed in the mouth after ingesting acid foods and beverages wil neutralize the acid and save your teeth. It's important to use the baking soda before or during brushing otherwise you are rubbing the acid in and making it worse. I always take baking soda with me wherever I go to use whenever I've had something acidic."

PTtogether

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.327 sec, (1)