CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: resin fillings safe?
 
MrCooties Views: 2,460
Published: 16 years ago
 
This is a reply to # 38,373

Re: resin fillings safe?


You made one of the best moves you will EVER make for your daughter! You insisted on no mercury. That is by far the most important issue here. Your daughter is very lucky that you took on that dentist. I wish my parents had such interest a few decades ago.

The resin (composite) fillings are so much better than amalgams, plus the composites do have advantages over porcelain. Composites have less metal, require less tooth removal, do not require (toxic?) cements, cost less... every dental material has possible risks. You might have made the best decision to go with composites. They do have chemicals but it's all relative - bisphenol-a is pretty much everywhere, and her exposure from her composites might be small compared to other sources such as bottled water, foods packaged/cooked in plastic/saran wrap, water supply sources, etc... cans for canned food is lined with bisphenol-a plastic and then heated/cooked which leaches even more of it into the food. (also never heat plastic in a microwave)...

Check out
http://www.iaomt.org/
and click on "find a dentist" for mercury-free dentists in your area. Also your local DAMS coordinator might have info.





©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

You made one of the best moves you will EVER make for your daughter! You insisted on no mercury. That is by far the most important issue here. Your daughter is very lucky that you took on that issue. I wish my parents had such interest a few decades ago.

The resin (composite) fillings are so much better than amalgams, plus the composites do have advantages over porcelain. Composites have less metal, require less tooth removal, do not require toxic (?) cements, cost less... every dental material has possible risks. You may have made the best decision to go with composites. They do have chemicals but it's all relative - bisphenol-a is pretty much everywhere, and her exposure from her composites might be small compared to other sources such as bottled water, foods packaged/cooked in plastic/saran wrap, water supply sources, etc... cans for canned food is lined with bisphenol-a plastic and then cooked which leaches even more of it into the food. (never heat plastic in a microwave)...

Check out
http://www.iaomt.org/
and click on "find a dentist" for mercury-free dentists in your area. Also your local DAMS coordinator might have info.

 

 
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!


 

Donate to CureZone


CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com


Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.328 sec, (2)