CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Muscle cramps--can you help?

shelleycat Views: 2,179
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 380,715

Re: Muscle cramps--can you help?

Hiya Jessie! I have those things happent o me too, MAN they hurt. I bite my down comforter to keep from screaming! :(

The problem isn't protein, it's the precarious calcium/ magnesium/potassium/phosphorous balance, the essential salts/ electrolytes / minerals that we use so much of when we exercise and eat high-protein diets. Exercise causes lactic acid, which has to be balanced with a base (mineral+oxygen) in order to flush out.

I noticed an increase in this problem when my thyroid was out of whack, probably because it slows down energy exchanges. Have you ever had your thyroid checked?

The problem is figuring out which you are deficient on. If you're on an anti-candida diet, chances are it's calcium. If you don't eat much whole grain, it's phosphorous, altho meat and fish have tons of phosphorous. If you tend to get lots of placque on your teeth, it's phosphorous. If you tend to get cavities (not enough calcium to build strong teeth) it's calcium. For women it's usually calcium because calcium absorbtion is so linked with estrogen.

I like CalMagFizz for my calcium needs, it's very easy to mix and drink and you can really adjust the dosage as you like since it's a powder.

Some people like to sip Epsom Salts for the magnesium.

Very few people need to supplemnet with potassium, it's in EVERYthing we eat. One banana alone gets you your RDA of potassium practically.

Definitely use natural Sea Salt and even be sure to drink at least 1 teaspoon in pint or quart of water on the days you work out.

Jaw grinding (bruxism) is linked to parasites. Not sure about lock jaw, that can be the same deficiency coupled with muscle strain - we often clench our teeth while weight lifting, concentrating, etc., wtihout noticing.

Hope that helps! :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

1.141 sec, (1)