CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: alcohol intolerence

HOWBURN Views: 2,212
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 377,597

Re: alcohol intolerence

Hi
Thank you for your comments stridar. I wouldn't dare post that message on the AA site! I know people who have been recovered alcoholics for over 20 years, who still attend. They have invested a whole sense of self in it!

With regard to your questions, 60265, unfortunately, candida research is still in its infancy as far as the medical profession is concerned. It was 'discovered' in the US in the 1980s, and research has to be done on average for fifty years before health professionals accept it as 'truth' and treatments are meted out. You will not get very far with a doctor. You would have to self treat, or go to a naturapath/kinesiologist. They will know all about it and treat you.

I cannot remember where I read about the 80% of adults have candida infection, but give me some time and I will dig it out. I have been at this for more than two years and read my way through reams of stuff. Because research into candida is in its infancy, there are no figures,that I am aware of, giving percentages candida:alcoholics. However, it is generally accepted that an alcoholic has candida. Candida shows itself in many ways. You know the guy who can have one or two beers then stop? THe woman who can eat one biscuit, and no more? They are the ones who don't have candida. It is a disease of our times. A hundred years ago humans ate 10 pounds of Sugar per annum. Its more like 100 pounds per annum now, and the human body has not had sufficient time to adapt to the onslaught.

Sure fire signs of candida presence: do you crave sweet foods, chocolate, bread, and/or alcohol?

You have no idea how bad this stuff is. Alcoholism is a symptom, not the illness itself.

As far as reading goes, I would look at the Candida Support Forum , there are some superb posts if you go back through it. There are many sites on the net that give lists of symptoms etc, any any bookshop will have a good stock.

with regard to your last question, I am still healing from my candida. I was alcoholic for a long time. When I sobered up I went through the usual healing crisis, but then noticed that since I couldn't have alcohol, I was craving carb/sugary stuff/drinks. I was told this was comfort eating coz I couldnt drink. I intuitively felt there was something else wrong, and learned about candida albicans.

My symptoms were extreme. Candida often (usually) is accompanied by parasites, so I have leaky gut from the candida and the parasites! Lovely, but I am dealing and healing. It takes a long time to clean up.

If it helps, I am 90% cured. My life is back on track and I am not the emotional wreck the AA taught me I must be to have been an alcoholic in the first place. That is simply not true.

I hope this helps. There is a simple test you can do to see if candida albicans is present, called the spit test. You get a glass of water, and spit in it, preferably in the morning. If the spit floats on the water in a nice tight round, then you are clear, but if it starts to spread, with sort of threats/tendrils, then that shows the presence of candida, and you will be looking into the eye of the cause of your alcoholism.

Good luck

Fiona

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)