Re: liquid nitrogen
1) When they use the laser to burn off the skin, what does it look like directly afterwards (like before the new healthy skin comes in)?
like a fresh wound, yellowish like it wants to scab
2) How long does it take the specific area to grow back healthy (after cauterization)?
one week or so depending on how large area is
3) When the specific area is healing, does it produce a crust that falls off once, revealing healed skin for 3/4 of a year; or does it just heal without a crust?
yes, crust (scab), a real one though, not like those we experience with the lips
4) Do you have any scars on your lips as a result of this cauterizing?
no, it did slightly discolor the area but it goes away (a little red)
5) If this works for a small part of the affected area, then it should work for the whole affected area right?
it is not a cure to cheilitis, it does relieve the smaller, lesser effected areas. when i get this done the parts that are greatly affected do not heal, they do grow back healthier and somewhat smaller but that is only because cauterization relieves the areas that are not deeply affected meaning....
some areas on my lip peel with several layers already beginning this process underneath. These areas a deeply affected, the skin cells are affceted way down into my lip. Their are some areas that just flake off with healthy skin underneath and they dont flake off until i talk for a while or for what ever reason, the skin underneath is not affected. These areas will heal, not the other.