CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I agree. I felt..

Views: 4,925
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 370,552

Re: I agree. I felt..

http://www.waisays.com/

This whole site deals with the dangers of cooked meats, dairy, grains etc. etc. The author of that website is a biochemist and also provides all the scientific sources for the information she is providing.
I think consuming meat is perfectly fine as long as it is organic, RAW, etc. Many raw foodists eat raw animal foods like organic eggs and sashimi. The main danger is in heating and processing foods. Anytime you cook a food, it is basically processed.
People focus so much on the vegan/vegetarian/carnivorous/omnivorous discussion, but I think the main focus should be on whether the food is processed or not (meaning: chemically altered in any way, for example by heating).

I have read the Atkins book and I have tried the diet, it's not my thing at all. It may work well for people who are overweight or obese, but I was thin when I did the diet and it wasn't as easy for me to lose weight at all and I had constant cravings and felt disgusted.
Dr. Atkins didn't look skinny to me by the way...
The only thing I like about the Atkins diet is that it is definately helpful to keep one's blood Sugar levels stable, but there are many ways to do this.

However, if it works for you, who cares what I think.

By the way, you can google for lists of foods and their acidity in the body... you will see that one would get amazingly toxic on such a diet if done for a long time... I think Pappillon is just trying to warn you. One of the many things I personally would be worried about is osteoporosis, since your body needs alkaline minerals from foods to neutralize any acids in your blood, organs and tissues... and if you don't get it from your diet, your body will get the minerals from your bones and teeth.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.219 sec, (1)