What kind of salt did he use? Unless he used some toxic salt, I really don't see a problem because salt draws. People also don't get hypertention from breqthing in salt air (ocean air). Salt minerals are also not airborn per se. There may be some overlapping of environmnetal factors being blamed on the salt?
As far as mold, it is always best to move (advice from one of North America's premiere indoor air quality/environmental scientists.
If it is surface mold (not behind walls etc) then I would use an ozone shock generator. Also for both the excess salt and the mold spores, one needs a built in vacuum that exhausts outside, for clean up.