CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I have made some very interesting observations

ccox Views: 1,246
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 305,357

Re: I have made some very interesting observations

John, you are indeed correct. Docs that veer off are reprimanded by the AMA, threatening or actually taking thier liscensing. However, more actual and almost more threatening is the insurance companies like Blue Cross will pull the Docs ability to use insurance or have thier patients use insurance which greatly hampers their practice. This just happened to my alternative medicine MD. Blue Cross pulled the plug on insurance in her practice, accusing her of veering from the "standard of care" and promoting chelation when she asked a question on Candida of Blue Cross.

As for the original post on this thread, most docs are not as educated as it might seem. They receive a great deal of their education on drugs and nearly none on nutrition, and definately none on supplements or herbs. Most of their continuing education is provided pharmacuetical companies and many are too busy or do not pursue any other kind of continuing education. Which means that a doc that is a number of years out of med school is rather rusty at all put their specialty and can even be rusty at that. A lot of docs are not aware of Candida or many things. I honestly don't think it is malicious, I think it is ignorance. They run people though 10 minute or less appts and think anyone that questions is difficult or nutty. It's a convenient way to think.

I work for a medical liablity insurance company and with lots of docs. The rate of litigation is so high for medical malpractice, docs are also incredibly hesitant to veer at all from the standard of care. Innovation is no longer valued in the medical community unless it is drug-related. They can not only be sued but also be at risk for criminal charges. It's a tough road for the MD that sees the value of alternative medicine or realizes some of these cover-ups or evidence of Candida and other such phenomena.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

1.110 sec, (1)