CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: HELP! How can I avoid getting so thin from low carb diet.

remi96 Views: 2,387
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 304,047

Re: HELP! How can I avoid getting so thin from low carb diet.

I am with you. I was so skinny I looked aweful. I eat them everyday and I have been extremely ill with candida and I was fine with them. I tried other things that I was NOT fine with. Almonds and other nuts bothered me. I could not eat oats more than say once a week. I have more trouble with carrots and onions due to Sugar content. But buckwheat, I have eaten tons of it with no reaction whatsoever. And although they may be higher in carbs, carbs are not the enemy necessarily. It is the type of carbs. Besides I am true testament to the fact that candida can live on anything. It adapts. You can eat just meat and veggies and you still will NOT kill the little monsters. What does that tell you? Bacteria lived on this planet before we did and most likely will be here when we are gone. They adapt far better than we do to its environment. It will find a way to live no matter what. So its best not to further starve the body of something full of nutrition that might help the body maintain healthy weight.

Starving does not work.

I eat mostly veggies and salads all day. I also eat buckwheat everyday. However last summer I ate nothing but chicken and veggies and it got me nowhere.

Everyone is different but my advice would be to try something and do not discount something because of an incorrect belief that a higher carb diet will hurt you.

The candida diet strives to avoid sugars, fermented products and most grains and simple carbs ( IE anyhting that will raise the blood Sugar enough to create a nice environment for candida) However, buckwheat does not raise blood Sugar like a grain or simple carb. Its entirely different. Its not a grain. And believe me if it was a problem it would have made me very ill. I have trouble with lemon juice in water, onions ( too many) and carrots.

Michelle

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

13.922 sec, (1)