CureZone   Log On   Join
New to the boards! What a ride....my story and hopes.

scharkee Views: 1,957
Published: 16 years ago

New to the boards! What a ride....my story and hopes.

I have been on a roller coaster ride for the last couple of months. It's nice to see people support one another with regards to Candida. I have been in and out of doctors offices for over 3 months with little or no real help. They simply dismissed it as Depression and fatigue due to stress. Funny, since my visits to the doctors offices started this whole mess in the first place. It started out with a prostate problem. They assumed it was an infection and then prescribed Doxicycline to clear it up. I was on it for a month. No improvement. So, a follow up visit was in order. I told the doc that I was not getting better down there and the discomfort seemed about the same. So, he put me on Septra. As you know, it is a powerful broad spectrum Antibiotic and it took it's toll on me. 10 days into the treatment, I went down hill in a hurry. I was a basket case. Not able to do squat and I though I was dying. I didn't tolerate the Sulfa med well at all. I even got little red rash like spots on my back and under arms. Needless to say, I quit taking the Septra. I still didn't get better. I continued to spiral down the drain. Even after I quit taking the Antibiotics , two weeks later, I was still having these symptoms:

Dizziness, fatigue, muscle weakness, tinnitus in right ear, eye pain, cold feet and hands, cold sweats, dry eyes, dry mouth, sore neck, sore lower back, aches in my joints, eczema, high cholesterol, Foggy brain, trouble with focus and concentration as of late, sinus pressure, full feeling in my ears, abdominal pains, frequent urination (been drinking lots of water), new migraine headaches with visual effect or compromise, constipation, diarrhea, restless leg, twitchy muscles and with all of this, I have been dealing with a high level of anxiety and as a result of NOT GETTING ANY FRICKING ANSWERS, depression.

So, I wound up researching the Candida and the results of overgrowth due to "good" bacterial kill off. Wow, I have hopefully found the answer. I have begun the arduous task of cleansing my system of this pest. I am hopeful that it goes away. Perhaps, I have had this problem for years, but the latest round of powerful Antibiotics has finally tilted me over the edge. So, I was Google searching for a support group or bulletin board to look for other people who have been on this miserable ride like me. Not that this good, but I am glad to see I am not alone and there are others suffering from Candida overgrowth.

I want to thank each and every person on this board for sharing your stories and remedies here on the board. It's like finding buried treasure.

Here is my current strategy for getting rid of this stuff:

I am currently on a strict diet of no Sugar or sweeteners of any kind, no yeast, vegetables (organic mostly), filtered water, some teas, chicken, beef, etc. At times, it's very frustrating to stay on this diet. I feel like I am painted into a corner.

As for probiotics and supplimnets, I am taking threelac, digestive enzymes, some good bacteria suppliments. Also, I am on B12, D, and some Cholesterol lowering supplements too.

I am curious to know while taking ThreeLac, can I take more digestive bacteria supplements like those found in yogurt? I want to hit this stuff hard.

Sorry for the loooong winded post, but I just had to do it. Thanks for reading and your input will be gladly accepted. Thanks...

Scharkee

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

1.671 sec, (2)