CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: day 31......

JudahFirst Views: 1,138
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 254,350

Re: day 31......

Hello, Paul, and congratulations!

I remember my first 30-day fast.... Back in 2004 I did a 21-day, then a few weeks later, 10-day, then a couple of months later I did a 30-day. It was all great! But I did find that the more I cut DOWN on the syrup, the more my body RETAINED the fat. It works against your body to give it too little calories to burn. The body will go into maximum storage mode and you won't lose any weight. Also consider that probably most of what you are losing now is muscle mass, which weighs more than fat.

2 years later I can testify that you need to think long and hard about how you are going to eat once you come off of the fast. In spite of what people here will tell you, fasting does indeed mess with the metabolism. So if you're dreaming of your first trip to Mickey-D's, you better be ready to pack it ALL back on! lol

On the other hand, if you get into a good exercise routine, with muscle-building, stick to a sensible diet, and fast occasionally for maintenance, then you can trust that you will break 200 with flying colors! Personally, I wouldn't recommend another fast this year. Again, I learned the hard way that the metabolism does respond (negatively) to fasting. Get your eating under control and you'll have more success losing weight long-term than with fasting.

Well, may God bless you on your journey to good health!

A clumsy-Fly

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

2.297 sec, (1)