CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Misquoting Jesus in the Bible - Professor Bart D. Ehrman

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Natural, Soothing, Progesterone Oil
Supplementation and Hormone Balancing Based on the...

More
More
refreshed Views: 602
Published: 32 months ago

This is a reply to # 2,420,790

Re: Misquoting Jesus in the Bible - Professor Bart D. Ehrman

Hi Ed. Thanks for commenting. We both know that the bible in itself, as a book, has no power. It's God's words, with the help of the Holy Spirit that open the heart to what is Truth. For part of my testimony was that before I was christian, I tried to read the bible a number of times, looking for wisdom and did not find what I was seeking. I was just at a time in my life where I needed to believe there was something greater...someone in charge of this thing called life. Someone I could go to and I could ask for answers.

So if the story stopped there, I would say there was no reason to read the bible. But the story continued because at that point, I was still in need of a Comforter. So I prayed. An answer came to me in the form of a man's voice. Telling me to read my bible. This voice not only spoke this short, to the point message, but I felt unseen arms wrap around me and embrace me to the point I started crying for joy. An emotion I had never really experienced before. The concept of crying because I was so happy, just didn't make sense to me before. And of course the word happy, is not the right way to describe Joy either. It was more than that.

So basically I needed to be touched by the Holy Spirit to be able to understand and read the words of the bible and understand it. Because it was like my eyes just opened and I just couldn't understand why all of sudden it was making sense to me and before it was not.

I may not have been enlightened by the bible alone in the beginning, but it did instruct me on how to come before the Lord in prayer. So the words still can instruct. All I knew about the bible is what people had told me and that was God's word was written within it. I had just enough faith to check and see. I'm glad I had a bible there, because the Holy Spirit told me to read it.

So by my own testimony I believe that people can be discouraged and lack in faith to seek for Truth due to not trusting the bible. (edit: double negative messed this up. Making it clear) I thank God that I was told/taught to think that the bible had absolute Truth. God will highlight everything that is important to understand in the bible, as long as we are guided by the Spirit of Truth.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.594 sec, (2)